Red Rook Press is an up-and-coming, destined for greatness, student-led press that wants to celebrate the work of undergraduate writers. Our team of editors, website designers, media specialists, and acquisitionists, are taking time away from their fifth coffee of the day to facilitate a publication for people just like us (except maybe a little less caffeinated). So double knot your Doc Martin’s, pull up a chair, and craft something you want us to share.
We are happily celebrating our inaugural publications, When the Flowers Breathe and The Blood, the Love, and the Uninterpretable, and we want to share books with the world. We are merely a vessel of your work and have no intention of holding back the creativity of our writers, so do as you please, give us a piece of yourself that you want to be heard. We plan on publishing both an online and print issue of the chosen works and are elated to get your work to as many people as possible.
Simultaneous Submissions: Perfectly fine – just make sure you let us know if your work is selected elsewhere
Payment: We are going to pay our writers in contributor copies
- Please submit all manuscripts as Word Documents through our Submittable page. You will be prompted to create a free user account that will allow you to submit your manuscript and monitor its status.
- Please submit manuscripts as a single file and include a title page (without a name). We ask that your name be removed from the manuscript for blind reading.
- To be eligible for publication, you must be enrolled in as a graduate or undergraduate student (at any institution) during the 2023 fall semester.
- Prose manuscripts should be 20,000-60,000 words.
- Poetry manuscripts should be between 50-125 pages.
- Submissions will reopen October 15th-December 15th, 2023.