Red Rook Press – Call for Submissions
Prologue: Red Rook Press is a new, up-and-coming, destined for greatness, student-led press that wants to celebrate the work of undergraduate writers. Our team of editors, website designers, media specialists, and acquisitionists, are taking time away from their fifth coffee of the day to facilitate a publication for people just like us (except maybe a little less caffeinated). So double knot your Doc Martin’s, pull up a chair, and craft something you want us to share.
Content: We are happily celebrating our inaugural publication, where we will choose two of your stories (poetry and prose) to share with the world. We are merely a vessel of your work and have no intention of holding back the creativity of our writers, so do as you please, give us a piece of yourself that you want to be heard. We plan on publishing both an online and print issue of the chosen works and are elated to get your work to as many people as possible.
Simultaneous Submissions: Perfectly fine – just make sure you let us know if your work is selected elsewhere
Payment: We are going to pay our writers in contributor copies
Guidelines for Submission:
1. Please submit all manuscripts as Word Documents through our Submittable page. You will be prompted to create a free user account that will allow you to submit your manuscript and monitor its status.
2. Please submit manuscripts as a single file and include a title page (without a name). We ask that your name be removed from the manuscript for blind reading.
3. Prose manuscripts should be 20,000-60,000 words.
4. Poetry manuscripts should be between 50-125 pages.
5. The submission deadline is December 19th, 2022.